January 1, 2018
When’s the last time you visited the dentist? If you’ve avoiding visiting your local practice for longer than 6 months, your smile could be at risk—especially if you don’t plan on scheduling an appointment anytime soon due to dental phobia.
Don’t risk your oral health just because your palms get sweaty every time someone mentions sitting in the dental chair. Your dentist in Forest Hills is here to help you overcome your dental fear with sedation dentistry.
Don’t let Dental Fear Determine Your Oral Health
There are many patients that will avoid the dentist for years only to discover that they need their dentist’s help more than ever after neglecting their smile. Although your dentist is here to help you, not hurt you, there are many people that just can’t fathom sitting through a complete dental visit. But why? Dental fear may stem from many different factors, including:
- Many patients may be fearful of the feeling of confinement. You’re required to sit in one spot throughout your appointment and can’t move freely while your dentist meticulously works on your teeth.
- Past negative dental experiences can really ruin the patient-doctor relationship. Some people may have had past dental work completed when there wasn’t as much non-invasive dental technology around to complete painless procedures, leading to a fear of their dentist.
- Old tales of past painful experiences can be brought down from generation to generation, making a dental visit sound something of a horror story.
Whatever your reason, your local dentist can help you conquer dental fear by providing more positive, comfortable dental experiences.
Conquer Dental Fear with Oral Conscious Sedation
Are you ready to break your cycle of dental phobia? Your local dentist offers oral conscious sedation for those who can’t receive the dental care their smile truly needs. Oral conscious sedation is a mild form of sedation dentistry that allows most patients to drift off into a gentle sleep while their appointment takes place.
Each patient under oral conscious sedation is just required to take a small amount of sedative orally and within an hour, you’re relaxed enough to allow your dentist to work on your teeth. By the time your appointment is over, you’ll not only have cleaner, brighter teeth but you’ll also hardly remember sitting down in the dental chair!
You Need Dental Care…Even When You Have Dental Anxiety
The bottom line is that everyone needs professional assistance taking care of their teeth if they want them to last a lifetime. Your dentist is here to help you do that, even if you’re fearful. With oral conscious sedation, you can rest peacefully while you receive:
- A comprehensive dental exam.
- A deep, professional cleaning of the entire mouth and gum line.
- A developed, personalized treatment plan to optimize your oral health.
When was your last local dental visit? Get in contact with us! Your sedation dentist in Forest Hills can create a comfortable atmosphere for you to receive the work that will keep your smile bright for years to come!
Meet Your Dentist
Here at Total Dental Care, we know that visiting the dentist regularly is essential to keeping patient’s smiles strong. If you’re avoiding visiting the dentist due to fear or anxiety, our team is here to help you. Call us today to schedule your next relaxed dental visit.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.