December 3, 2017
When you have missing teeth, one of the best things you can do for your smile is replace your missing teeth. Whether you have a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth throughout your mouth, dental implants from your dentist in Forest Hills may be the best choice for you. Learn more about this revolutionary dental process and if you’re the best candidate here.
Understanding Dental Implants from Beginning to End
Your local dentist can replace your tooth from root to crown in the most natural way possible when you consider dental implants in Forest Hills. It’s the best “natural way” because your dentist can replace the visible and hidden portion of the lost teeth so that you can keep your jawbone strong and healthy.
Believe it or not, dental implants have at least 98% success rate! Dental implants are so successful because of the way they are structured with three important parts: the implant post itself, an abutment to attach prosthetics, and the dental prosthetic that will help solve your personal level of tooth loss—whether it’s a single tooth with a dental crown or multiple teeth with dentures.
The Parts of a Dental Implant
Dental Implant Posts
The actual implant looks like a small titanium screw that fits inside of your jawbone. This is the actual post that’s surgically placed to support the full implant for increased stability and permanency. The dental implant mimics your natural tooth root, restoring the health of your jaw bone and replacing your missing tooth below the gum line.
The abutment is the part of the implant that’s above the gum line. The abutment will stabilize and support the dental prosthetic that will be attached as your visible tooth replacement. It’s the “buffer” between your dental implant and prosthetic.
Your dental prosthetic will depend on your level of tooth loss. You will need to discuss different prosthetics with your dentist:
- Single teeth are replaced with a custom crafted dental crown.
- Two consecutive missing teeth are replaced with a dental bridge (two personalized dental crowns).
- If you are missing several teeth or whole arches of teeth, your dentist can methodically place the dental implants to attach implant-retained dentures. It could be a partial denture for missing teeth throughout your mouth in different places, or complete dentures for full arches of teeth.
The Perfect Dental Implant Candidates
If you’re interested in dental implants in Forest Hills, it’s important to consider if you’re health and lifestyle is best fit with this transition. It takes a commitment to better oral health and improved lifestyle for replacement teeth. Most people are good candidates for implants, but a great candidate will have the following:
- Strong, healthy, pink gums.
- Enough bone density to anchor the implants in the jaw. Your dentist can help strengthen your jawbone with a bone grafting procedure if it applies.
- A true commitment to better oral health, improved dental hygiene, and keeping dental appointments.
Ready to build a new smile this new year? Contact your dentist to discuss dental implants!
About Our Office
Here at Total Dental Care, we understand that dental implant placement can renew patient’s quality of life, enjoying better food and increased self-confidence. To learn about dental implants and how your dentist can help you, feel free to call our office to schedule an appointment.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.